Sunday, April 11, 2010

Computer Time???

Should a parent be concerned if their child starts saying things like "just Google it, mom"? I never thought we would be giving our 4-year old special time on the COMPUTER each day, but this has become a new routine. I mentioned that he is FOUR, right? It is amazing what Jaycoby has learned already. He knows how to open up Internet Explorer, open up the Favorites column (or as he calls it, the "star" list, because it has a star by it), go to the file folder labeled for "Jaycoby" and then pick from his list of options (which includes: Imaginext, Playhouse Disney, Spiderman.com and The Official Super Her Squad Site, of course). What amazes me is that he can navigate away from these pages and find some pretty cool things on his own. He stumbled on to some pretty cool games and can always find his way back to them. I am terrible at that. That's why I utilize the "Favorites" tool, because I know I would never find my way back. But he is already figuring out all of the little tricks and I am sure it won't be long before I am asking him to help me find my way around the computer.
Extremely focused!

I'm not sure why, but I just think it is the cutest thing to see his little hand clicking away on the mouse. He still hasn't mastered the art of double-clicking, but I doubt it will be long.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Aren't kids amazing.
Sawyer's sign on homepage was starfall.com It's a great website! I'm all about learning websites, and have a whole list I can email to you!