Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Is my blog burning?

As most of you know, I LOVE baking and sometimes cooking. I don't consider myself to be good at it, but it is my "go to" activity when I am home and looking for something to do. I normally don't enjoy activities I'm not particularly good at, but this baking thing has me hooked. I'm always looking for new ideas and recipes and have found several favorites through blogs and websites. Since I find these sites to be so helpful to me, I thought I would share my favorites through my blog as well.

YUM YUM BROWNIE MUFFINS
Cookbook: Hungry Girl- Lisa Lillien

INGREDIENTS:
1 box devil's food cake mix
1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Mix the two ingredients together. Do not add ANYTHING else that may be mentioned on the box, like eggs, oil or water. The mixture will be very thick, so you might be tempted to add in other things to make the batter smoother. Do not do this! I promise it will turn out perfect.
Place batter into a 12-cup muffin pan lined with baking cups or sprayed with nonstick spray. Place pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. (I've also done 24 mini muffin pan and they cooked in about 16-18 minutes).

VERDICT:
Chocolatey & moist. Even the picky critics (my mom, sister and Mike) have all LOVED these and given them the thumbs up. More importantly, they still said they liked them after I told them what they were made of. You really cannot taste the pumpkin. I've had friends sample them as well and I've only had positive feedback. Last summer I baked these with my niece and then we frosted them and decorated them with sprinkles and she loved them. This is a great, healthier substitute for a cupcake or brownie. YUM YUM is right!

NUTRITIONAL INFO (for one regular sized muffin):
181 calories, 3.5g fat, 357mg sodium, 37g carbs, 2g fiber, 20g sugars, 2g protein.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE THIS!!!! Cannot wait to try it. Can I post on my blog and send them this way. Let me know if you are cool with this. I'd love to try this and give you the credit!!! Sounds SO good!

Mike and Mindy Roth said...

You can totally post it on your blog. I'm assuming that means I have permission to post your wonderful recipes as well? I've already tried a couple. In fact, I have 2 loaves of the honey wheat bread rising right now. I wanted to post that recipe for sure.