Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday's over already?

We've had a pretty full week, so I'd built up Thursday to be "busy" as well. It was all in my head. While we normally would've been babysitting Abby today, we actually only had ONE thing on our schedule. Abby ended up being sick and staying home with her mom, so we didn't even have that obligation today. But SOMEHOW I always manage to fill my empty days with non-stop activity. Our one-activity day turned into this:

6:57 a.m.- I wake up to Jaycoby's face next to mine...."Mom, I love you. Please make me some oatmeal."
7:00 a.m.- Got a text saying that Abby is sick and that we won't be watching her today :(.
7:15 a.m.- We ate breakfast together and watched some "toons".
7:30-8:30 a.m.- Played "Break the Ice", built a rocketship out of legos, played his jungle game, did a tractor race & played hide and seek.
9:00 a.m.- Shower time & got ready. Jaycoby sat on my counter while I did my make up and sang me the Barney theme song....over and over and over :) He also wanted to reminisce about the ball game that Mike and I played with him last night. It was so fun hearing about the things that leave such a big impact on him.
10:00 a.m.- Jaycoby played while I listed some items on Craigslist. The whole time "Mom, are you watching me? Play with me, mom."
10:50 a.m.- Load up and head to the Carousel for activity with West Salem Mom's Club.
11:00 a.m.- Carousel time. We went on the carousel THREE times and got to see the wood carving crew in the Riverfront shop.

11:45 a.m.- Went to Sandwich Express to meet mom & sis for lunch and had to explain (in GREAT detail) why the train was working today. Yikes!
12:45 p.m.- Went to Shopko to do some window shopping. Ended up being there a while and didn't leave without a stop by the Oxiclean and Kaboom. Jaycoby also had to try on the cowgirl hats, "Applelyn" (Aunt Melin) bought a new shirt & Grammie tried to show Jaycoby her hoola-hoop skillz (he was too distracted by a cool skateboard to be impressed by her efforts). We always have so much fun when we're all together.

2:30 p.m.- Head home and use every ounce of creativity to keep Jaycoby awake. When I would ask him if he could stay awake he would shake his head "no".
2:45 p.m.- Nap time
4:27 p.m.- Jaycoby's bedroom door opens "Mom, I'm awake. I love you."
...And we will soon be off to McMinnville to take Jaycoby to his dad's. Thursday's would be miserable for me if I didn't have them jam-packed with STUFF to keep my mind off of it being our "last day" together :(.

No comments: