Sunday, April 5, 2009

Race for the Roses


Today I did my first race, since I've started my training, and it went really well. I participated in the Race for the Roses up in Portland with two of the other mom's from West Salem Mom's Club. This race was the activity I put on the calendar for WSMC as the exercise coordinator. It was a 5k (3.1 miles) and we ended up running about 10:30 minute miles. It was GORGEOUS! We couldn't have asked for better weather to do our run. I actually ended up taking off my running spandex/leggings when we got there and wasn't even cold just in shorts. It was seriously beautiful. We ran over the Broadway & Steel bridges and it was a relatively flat course. YEAH!. I was actually surprised how quickly it went by. The three of us were talking the whole race, so the time just flew. I'm looking forward to more races in this beautiful weather!

Me, Liz & Melody- We all got a rose, shirt & metal for participating. YEAH for free stuff :)



Here is the link to the professional photos taken on race day. I was surprised how many photos there were of me (3 or 4). http://www.backprint.com/view_user_event.asp?PID=bp%18%7EA&EVENTID=48626&BIB=3685&S=230&PWD=

No comments: