Saturday, March 13, 2010

Portland Beauty School


I finished my first week at Portland Beauty School. One week down and seven more to go! I have a feeling that I will just be getting used to it when its time to be done. I attend classes from 9 am-4:30 pm on Wednesday's and Friday's. I will also have to work at the school, performing treatments on clients, on some Saturday's.
The first day was a struggle. I hadn't slept well the night before and definitely felt tired throughout my class. Of course, it didn't help that our afternoon activity was to watch a full-hour facial, in the dark, with soft background music. I had to keep fidgeting in my seat so that I wouldn't fall asleep (one of my classmates was not as strong).
My second day went by quickly and was a lot of fun. We got to practice the facial manipulations we had learned by performing two facials on our partner. The fun part was having my partner practice on me! I got two facials as well.
This is definitely going to be a crash course in esthetics, but I know there will still be a lot that I will learn. I am excited to complete the course and FINALLY be a licensed esthetician. It's also nice knowing that Jaycoby and Mike will be getting some quality time together. Jaycoby LOVED their first Wednesday together, so it will make being away for the upcoming Wednesday's a little bit easier.
Now, if I could just get the hang of this homework thing. It's been a while!

1 comment:

Photography by Elise said...

Let me know if you need a person to practice your facials on. We can do a trade...facials for photos :)