Monday, March 15, 2010

26 weeks- Update


Ella is currently the size of an eggplant.

I had my monthly checkup this morning. Nothing exciting to report. My blood pressure was "really good" (not sure of my numbers, but they always tell me it's "good"), my weight wasn't off the charts (yet) and Ella Michella's heart beat was loud and strong (hurray).
Next, I have to go and do my glucose test, which is always a fun thing to look forward to as an expectant mother. For those of you who haven't had to do it, you're not missing out on much. I actually don't remember it being THAT bad last time, but a lot of women would disagree. I'll have to go to Salem Hospital lab and drink a glucose beverage (to me it tasted like a concentrated version of orange Slice), sit in the waiting room for an hour and then they will test for gestational diabetes. Real exciting stuff!
Ella is moving a lot and her kicks have gotten much stronger. Mike was able to feel her kicks for the first time this past month, which was really exciting. Jaycoby hasn't felt her yet, but I'm sure that time isn't too far off.

No comments: