Thursday, April 23, 2009

This week's goal: listening

Listening is always something I strive to be better at. I'm constantly impressed with my husband's listening skills and am realizing that this is an area that is not a strength of mine. But this week's listening goal is meant for my body. I have been experiencing some nausea and dizziness and am forcing myself to not push myself too hard. This is really hard for me to do (especially since I have a nice online log to keep track of my runs and I do not like to see myself slipping behind), but I know it is best in the long run. I do not want to overdo it or cause myself injury, so I am trying to be patient and listen to what my body is telling me. It's frustrating because I will have a really strong week and then have to take a few days off, but life will go on. Reminder again: my goal is to COMPLETE a half marathon. I'm not running to win :). Finishing the race will be a victory in and of itself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great goal. I often am so impressed with mu hubbies ability to listen, and truly listen as well. (are you prego?) :) Sorry first though when I read "nausea and dizzy". Hope you feel better.