Friday, March 25, 2011

Shamrock Run 2011


I participated in Portland's Shamrock run this year for the first time. It was a rainy day, but it felt really good during my run. And I really enjoyed the course. Running through downtown was pretty cool. There is something to be said for running in the middle of the streets, in the rain and looking up at the tall buildings. It felt like a scene from a movie or something.
Originally I had signed up for the 15k, but I haven't been focusing on mileage lately, so I switched to the 8k. This was perfect! Since I have only been doing 2-3 mile runs on the treadmill, I didn't have any lofty goals for time. In fact, I am trying not to focus on time as much as I did in the past and just concentrate on doing some sort of activity. Period. I am not sure if I am capable of forgetting about my time, but I am trying. I had a rough goal of 10 minute miles, but didn't know if that was realistic, since there were hills involved. I ended up having a pace of 9:21 so I was pleased.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did GREAT! 9:21 is faster than any race I have ever done! :)