Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Graduated to an EEL!

After taking the summer off, we jumped back into two-day-a-week swim lessons for the Fall. Jaycoby progressed significantly in this 5-week session (more than he ever has in the past couple of years). I guess being 4-years old makes a big difference. He has already passed the first level of "Pike" and how now graduated to the "Eel" class.

This was his biggest accomplishment. Jaycoby had the hardest time with the back float. He absolutely could not get used to the feeling of having water in his ears. Thankfully, with lots of encouragement and special tips from his teachers, he is able to do it for longer incremements of time now. His toes are either flexed back or tightly curled the whole time though.


Froggy on the wall...


Waving to Ella...

Here is a short video clip of Jaycoby swimming across the pool. This is one of the reasons he was ready to move up to the next level.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so excited to get Diego back into lessons. I can't decide if I should wait until he's 3 so I don't have to get in, or if I should get him in for the winter session. And, why are you not yelling and hooting in the background of the video of him swimming across the pool? That's smart I tell you....almost all the videos i have of Diego are ruined because I'm not smart enough to remember how annoying I sound in the background of them! Let me be like you next time I take one! LOL!

Rachel said...

Good job Jaycoby. I love seeing him after his lessons and asking how he did. He's doing such a good job! You can tell he was definately ready to move up! I have a feeling it's going to keep going faster, now that he's gotten floating on his back down!