Monday, December 14, 2009

The small things...

I'm sitting here in a clean house and am thankful for so many things...
1) I've been realizing more and more lately that I need to take the time to appreciate ALL that we are blessed with. With the Christmas season here, it is so easy to get greedy and think of all of the things I WANT (I am guilty of this lately - my Christmas list was a long one this year...lol). The Lord has blessed our family with a roof over our heads and that is something I take for granted. As I spent the afternoon cleaning the toilets, mopping the floors and vacuuming (which I dread), I was overwhelmed with a feeling of gratitude that I even have a home to clean.
2) Along the lines of cleaning, I am also thankful that I have the strength and energy to clean my house. Just over a month ago, I was stuck on the couch and my house was a wreck (except when Mike or my mom would clean it for me). Right now, we are all dealing with little colds, but it is not the end of the world. Being healthy is something I can easily take for granted and I'm just glad that we are all strong and able to go about our daily routines. That, in itself, is a simple detail to be thankful for.
I am grateful that we are able to enjoy the home the Lord has provided, that my family has a clean bill of health and that we can sit back and focus on the real reason for the CHRISTmas season!

No comments: