Monday, November 9, 2009

8 weeks...

I got my weekly e-mail today. Even though it is still really early in my pregnancy, every little bit of information is just as exciting as the first time around. I remember a lot of things from my labor and delivery with Jaycoby, but it would be impossible to remember what to expect at each and every phase. Especially when it comes to the development of the baby.
Jaycoby, Mike and I watched a video last night that explained weeks 1-10. Jaycoby was really interested in it. He thinks it's pretty cool that mommy's baby is only the size of a bean.

Here is the e-mail from today: 8 WEEKS

Your baby is now 5/8 of an inch long, about the size of a kidney bean. New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. His arms have lengthened, too, and his hands are now flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart. His knee joints have formed, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front of his body. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. (ignore the fact that it refers to my baby as a "he" :)....hopefully that information is incorrect...lol).

Here is a funny conversation between me and Jaycoby last night:
Jaycoby: "Mom, how's your baby doing?"
Me: "Sometimes the baby makes my tummy feel yucky."
Jaycoby: "Awwwww, honey!" (followed by a big kiss)

He and Mike are doing an AMAZING job making sure mom and baby are comfortable. Beside the fact that Jaycoby regularly asks if the baby is coming out, he gives me lots of hugs and kisses and asks how I am feeling. Mike has stepped up to the plate in HUGE ways....helping me with laundry and cooking, because I don't feel like doing either. I live with two amazing boys!

Updates:
*My shingles pain is gone. The only time I feel it is when I bend over and then I can feel some pain in my side, but otherwise all of the shingles symptoms are gone.
*The nausea from the pregnancy has lessened. When I start to get hungry, I need to eat right away or I feel sick. But I don't feel nauseas all day long anymore. Yeah! I hope this lasts and just keeps getting better.
*I am going to get my bloodwork done today. They test for lots of things early in the pregnancy, so they have to take a lot of blood. Not my favorite thing! Since I was in New Zealand for my first trimester with Jaycoby, I didn't have to do this. Wish I could get out of it again :-)
*Our first ultrasound appointment is next week. We are very excited to get the first pics of our little one.

No comments: