Wednesday, October 28, 2009

House of Pain


This week has not been all that fun for me. There are lots of ailments I think I would've rather had than shingles, but such is life. Normally, in your first weeks of pregnancy, you worry about nausea, vomiting, etc. I had to deal with the side effects of shingles and it has been horrible. I was hoping that the itching would be the worst of it, but unfortunately I experienced a lot of intense pain in my side (where my rashes are located) and it was extremely uncomfortable. Thankfully, today it's mostly just the terrible itching that I'm dealing with. And I'm still trying to get over my cold. I'm planning on going back to subbing tomorrow and finishing out the week (which will mean I missed three days of what I was supposed to complete....yikes). I am just glad that going back to class is even a possibility. Yesterday was pretty intense and the thought of going back to school just didn't seem like it was in the cards.
There is NO WAY I could have survived my subbing job or this bout of the shingles without the help of Mike and my mom. I have been stuck on the couch and they have been doing everything from the housework to taking care of Jaycoby (who has had an incredible amount of energy this week and there is no way I could've kept up with him). Without their help, I'm convinced I would not have made this much progress so far.
Here are the two rashes that have been driving me nuts for the past week and a half.

No comments: