Friday, August 7, 2009

Quoted in the Paper

A couple of weeks ago, we went to the Riverfront Splash Pad with our friends to play. It was one of those days that was REALLY hot, so even though it was only 9:45 in the morning, we were already melting. After waiting for almost an hour for the water to come on, we decided to leave and go to another park to play. When we were almost to our cars, a woman approached us and asked us if she could call us about our experience. Apparently, she works for the Statesman Journal and she'd had a negative experience when she went to the splash pad with her kids. Molly and I gave her our phone numbers, but the splash pad FINALLY turned on as we were all talking. We grabbed the kids and headed back to the water. I didn't think much about after that.
Just the other day I got a phone call from the woman at the newspaper. She talked to me for about fifteen minutes, asking me different questions about my Riverfront Splash Pad experiences and if this one particular incident would keep us from ever going back. I was very careful not to be too negative, since all of the splash pads in Salem have been one of our favorite places to play this summer.
Here is the article (apparently Molly and I were the only people she spoke to). I'm guessing she didn't get the negative feedback she was wanting, because the focus of the article is completely different than I would've guessed it would be after talking with her (although we did touch on the subject of how the fountains recycle water).
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009908070344

No comments: