Thursday, August 13, 2009

Portland Zoo

Today we went to the zoo with my mom and my Aunt Teri. Jaycoby was looking forward to seeing the monkeys and the elephants. He also mentioned that he didn't want to see any large bears that said "Rar!". We left my house at 9 a.m. and I'd thought we would be done at the zoo by lunch time. We ended up leaving the zoo around 2:30, because there was so much to see. All of the animals were out for us to enjoy and we took our time taking it all in. We even did the train ride (which didn't really meet our expectations until the second half...there wasn't a single animal to see on the first half). When we got in the car, Jaycoby said "I had so much fun". So did I! It was such a fun day to spend with my silly boy and his silly Grammie and Great Aunt. We laughed a lot (especially when Jaycoby walked smack into a door post) and had so much fun together.
Here is the slideshow of our day:


Here is a video of Jaycoby looking at the elephants. The first loud noise you hear is this loud "WHOO" noise he kept making. Apparently, that's what an elephant sounds like to him. I told him to call the elephants, trying to get him to make some more of the noise for the video, and then he started shouting "Elephants!".

No comments: