Saturday, June 20, 2009

Successful Garage Sale

Well, I don't have any photos, but I can tell you that our garage sale went really well. Thanks to my good friend, Molly, the day went smooth and we had a great time. What's the saying? "One man's junk is another man's treasure" or something like that. That's the truth! We were shocked with the items that people bought first. It was entertaining, to say the least. At the end of the day, we had less than a quarter of what we'd started with, so I definitely consider that a success. And since we'd set up inside the garage, we were unaffected by the rainy weather, so more shoppers were inclined to stop in. It was also a lot of fun seeing familiar faces. If you ever have a garage sale, my advice is to post an ad on facebook. I had several of my facebook friends come to the sale and buy stuff. Thanks guys! All in all, it was a great day and we made enough to fund "project swimming pool", plus a little extra. Yahoo!

No comments: