Monday, April 27, 2009

Running Buddies

I am so grateful to have such a wonderful support group of running buddies. Having friends involved in running has made my training SO much easier. To name a few....
Melody and I were introduced through West Salem MOMs group. Her dedication to getting herself healthy is a constant reminder of why I should work to stay in shape, for myself and my family. We also got to run in the Race for the Roses together, which was a lot of fun.
Lori is one of my friends through our West Salem MOMs playgroup. Her stories of long road/trail runs are truly inspiring (although, I would be initmidated to run with her because of her long stride and quick pace ;). I get lots of great running tips & strategies from her, since I am new to this whole "long distance" thing (I am a sprinter through and through).
Julie is the other mom in our playgroup who has recently started running with me, when we can fit it into our busy schedules. I am grateful for her friendship, encouraged by our conversations while running and SO grateful that she despises running hills with the same passion that I do :).
THANKS LADIES for the inspiration & motivation! And thanks to my other buddies as well.


No comments: