Monday, April 13, 2009

Just a number on the scale...

I've decided to set small, realistic goals throughout my training to keep myself focused and in-check. I am a carb lover, but I want to be better about limiting my intake. I'll need carbs for my training, no doubt about it, but not in the amounts that I like to consume :). I want to make smart, healthy choices for my diet so that my body has the fuel it needs. I'm also trying to remind myself that my overall weight can't get me down. Since I'm working out, I'm going to gain muscle weight, so I can't be discouraged by the number I see on the scale. I have a secret number that I would like to reach, but my ultimate goal is to run a half marathon, not lose weight (although it would be NICE if I could shed a couple pounds in the process :). Again, muscle weighs more than fat, Mindy :). I really want to be healthy and balanced through my training, so that I can achieve the overall results I am looking for.

No comments: