Monday, March 16, 2009

Sick day at home turned out to be really productive


Jaycoby complained of a tummy ache last night, so we put him to bed a half hour early. I woke up to him crying at 5 am and was certain I knew what for. To my surprise, he quieted down by the time I reached his door. Phew! That was a close call. Well after that, I didn't sleep real hard, because I was sure there was something to come. Sure enough, at 6:30 Jaycoby's door opened up and I heard gagging noises. I quickly ran to him, picked him up and got him to my shower just in time for him to take care of business (he had taken care of some business in his bed, but all I had to wash was his comforter). After this, we had one more "sick" incident at 7:30, which left me with only one pair of pajamas to wash and the need to give Jaycoby a shower. All of this was A LOT less work than the last time he was sick, which forced me to borrow a steam cleaner from a friend and remove all of our couch cushions. No fun!
The rest of the morning he was in pretty good spirits. At 8:45 he BEGGED me to make cookies with him. I hadn't even had breakfast yet, but couldn't deny my precious little boy of baking cookies (one of my favorite things to do :).
Getting the butter ready

Jaycoby took my picture. Such a lovely photo (haven't had a shower yet, yuck)
The best part, tasting the cookie dough
After cookies, we did a lot of cleaning. Jaycoby helped with the toilets. I had to get a photo to remind him when he's older that he DOES know how to do it :)

Mr. Pirate has lots of hair now. We gave him his first hair cut today.

No comments: