Sunday, March 29, 2009

Feeling your prayers...

Well, Friday was my first time back to the gym. I took it easy and set the treadmill at a slower pace than usual. I also ran a mile less than I normally would on a light day. But it went well.
Saturday I went back to normal pace :). I'm so impatient! I didn't do a long run (only 3.5 miles and normally my weekend runs are longer) but I was able to average a 10:00 mile. It's not fast, but better than I thought I could do after spending a week on the couch.
Today I was plugging along on the treadmill and then had this thought...."what if I can't keep this fast of a pace when I don't have the treadmill forcing me to move? Will I be able to run at this pace if I'm left to my own pacing skills? Yikes!". I decided to do my last mile around the track. I don't normally run the track because you have to do THIRTEEN laps to make a mile. It's hard to keep track of that many laps and just get into the "running zone". I have to keep track of the laps on my fingers, so I don't lose count. I told myself I wouldn't look at my stop watch until my mile was complete. So exciting....8:34.19!!! I didn't know I had it in me.
So keep praying! I am feeling healthier and stronger again. Jaycoby and I have a busy week and two days that will make it tough for me to get to the gym at all. My 5k race is on Sunday. I'm not sure what the course is like, but I'm hoping it won't be too tough. Hopefully no hills, since I've only been training on the treadmill with ZERO incline :). Have I mentioned how much I hate incline? Ugh! Sunday should be a fun little race and will get me started into my next 12 weeks of training for my 1/2 marathon.

No comments: