Friday, May 28, 2010

Oh, the joys of pregnancy. Are there any?

As I sit here at the computer, at 11:30 at night, I am wondering...what are the joys of pregnancy again?
So many people talk about how they "never feel better than when they are pregnant". I am not one of those people. LOVE the baby part. Don't love the pregnant part.
Looking back on this pregnancy, I have had a lot of aches and pains. I hate to be a whiner, but whining seems to be coming naturally to me lately. My ribs are killing me as we speak.
Whine. Whine. Whine.
I have never hidden the fact that I am not one of those people who loves to be pregnant, but it has definitely been harder this time than with my pregnancy with Jaycoby. With Jaycoby, I felt good, aside from my stress-induced itching spells that kept me awake all through night. Those were frustrating, and made me tired, but I was feeling strong otherwise. This time, it seems I have had every ache and pain imagineable.
First trimester- shingles.
Second trimester- abdominal muscle tear.
Third trimester- achey hip joints, a wiggly baby throughout the night & terrible cramps in my legs and feet. And still having to deal with the muscle tear too.
Am I ready for Ella to be here? Yes! But I'm even more ready to just be done being pregnant. I know I'm supposed to be patient and say this whole process is beautiful, but that's not how I feel.
It freaks me out that there is a little person CONSTANTLY wiggling around inside of me.
I look forward to getting rid of all of my maternity pants (that are constantly falling off of me- guess I'm not the right pregnant shape).
I long for the day that I can get a full breath of air into my lungs and can stop breathing like a morbidly obese person...
...just to name a few.
We only have a few weeks to go, so I know I don't have much longer. But it's hard to think about that in my moments of discomfort or when I'm lying awake in bed.
Whine!
There. Hopefully I got it all out :-).

2 comments:

jana said...

I am one of those annoying people that felt great through the pregnancy. I was tired toward the end, but other than that- no morning sickness, no back pain, no heartburn- so I couldn't complain. I hope the next few weeks are peaceful in whatever way they can be!

Anonymous said...

HI Mindy! you may feel awful, but your belly looks cute! ( :
Jill Woods