Monday, January 25, 2010

Baby Roth Update


We had our 19 week ultrasound today.  It was a long, extensive appointment, but everything is looking healthy and good.  Baby was all curled up, so the ultrasound tech had to do a lot of work to get the pictures that were needed.  She even had to raise and tip the bed, so my head was toward the ground, in order to get good photos of baby's heart.  In the end, we saw all the important parts: heart, kidneys, stomach, bladder, two legs, two arms, head, etc.  Baby currently weighs 8 ounces and is estimated to arrive between June 21st and 24th.
The tech asked us if we wanted to know the sex of the baby.  My response was "Of course!".  When it got time for the big reveal, she sent Mike and Jaycoby to go and get the grandma's out of the waiting room, so they could come in and hear as well.  Then she got the scanner aligned to the right "area" and announced:
"It's a baby GIRL!"
After a quick "YEAH!", I immediately looked over at Jaycoby, who had a look of shock on his face.  His response was "Oh no!  That's not good".  He had really wanted a "brudder".  He's still not totally over it, but we'll give him time.  Honestly, I'm not too worried about it, because I am SO EXCITED! 

This is Jaycoby out in the waiting room.  He was pouting, because he had wanted a brother.

Right after our appointment, we headed to the mall and Target to pick up some things.  We need lots of serious prayer right now for Mike to find a good job, because we need to go SHOPPING :-). 


Shopping trip #1: clothes and nursery items.

2 comments:

Colie said...

congratulations! We love having a boy and girl and although they are very different - they have fun together! Jaycoby will love this baby so much!

Anonymous said...

Oh Mindy. I am soooo happy for you. How exciting. I got goose bumps when I read that it was a girl.
Jenny Carpenter.
P.S. I read your blog all the time. I just dont write many comments. Sorry.