Friday, June 26, 2009

13.1 or bust!


Tomorrow is my half marathon. There has been so much build up to this race that I've gotten to the point that I just can't wait to get it over with. Honestly, I feel as though I peaked a few weeks ago and that in the last few weeks it has become increasingly difficult to get motivated for those long runs. However, thanks to the hours of training I've put in, once I start running, I can actually enjoy the run and it's a lot less work than it used to be. Still, I'm happy to do my thirteen miles on Saturday and then fall into a less regimented running schedule. I still have lots of races on the calendar for this year, so I'm not hanging up my running shoes or anything. But I think a 10K will be my limit from here on out.
My race goals for the weekend:
Realistic goal: 10:30 minute miles
Competitive goal: 9:30 minute miles
(I think these are the times I need to push me and still leave me feeling some sort of a sense of accomplishment.)
We will be spending the weekend in Sunriver with our friends, Matt and Laura Holt. We are looking forward to a weekend away with Jaycoby and good friends. We're taking our bikes and new bike trailer and the guys have come up with a golf ladder game for us to play as well. It should be a great time!

No comments: