Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pampered Day with Mommy


I know I will get so much flack for this, but I DON'T CARE :). Jaycoby and I had an awesome day yesterday......at the salon.
I was in desperate need of getting my nails filled, so I decided to take him with me. This was a first! Thankfully, on our way to my appointment, we'd had some time to kill, so we stopped into the library for Jaycoby to get some books. It worked out perfect, because then he had something new and interesting to do while mommy was getting her nails done. He sat in the seat next to me, reading his books and talking to Andy (the nail tech)- telling him ALL about Spiderman, baby Abby and the worms in his garden ;). Only occasionally would he complain that "mommy, it stinks in here." This was for 45 minutes of fingernails. SINCE he was such a champ, I decided I would make time for a pedicure as well. My feet have been so sore from running and were just plain disgusting. It had to be done (I was hoping to save it for a treat after my half marathon, but I am definitely glad I did it sooner). At this point, Jaycoby got really excited. The nail tech pulled up a little chair and let him soak his feet with mommy. He loved every second of it. Then while she did all of the dirty work on my feet, he got to sit in the massage chair next to me. At the end, he got a nice clear coat on his hands and feet (per his request). Later in the day, he held my hand while I got my eyebrows waxed. The wax she used was green, so Jaycoby asked me "does it hurt or tickle when she pulls off the stickers?". He just about got the full scope of the beauty world. All that was missing was getting my hair done.
I know his day could have been better spent in a pile of dirt :), but it was my only time to take care of this stuff. I was SO grateful to have the type of kid who would sit there through it, without complaint. After dinner, he did get to go to the garden, play in the dirt, go to the park and even scraped up his knee.....as little boys do. Don't worry. It was a one time thing (maybe) :). And for those of you who know me well, I think I deserve a pat on the back for having avoided this type of activity for 3 years, 4 months and 13 days (give or take).


10:45- Library time- he kept tackling this dragon while all of the other kids sat quietly and looked at their books.


11:30- Lunch at Taco Bell....our favorite


12:00- Nail Boutique

No comments: