Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tax season is taxing

Mike has been working overtime this tax season. He works his regular 8-5 at McD's and then goes to GMS to work nights and weekends. We aren't getting to see a lot of him, but we are making it work. We regularly meet him for lunch on the days that he works longer and he has managed to reserve two nights a week for family time. Needless to say, we are both exhausted but we are focusing on the light at the end of the tunnel.
With this time apart, I've gotten creative. I've tried to turn this time away from each other into a positive. The kids and I have had lots of dinners with friends, which we wouldn't normally do, so that has been a lot of fun. It's going to be hard to stop doing that, actually. Mike might have to start coming along ;-). I have also been babysitting Logan more, since my friend, Molly, is a CPA and works longer hours as well. Having Jaycoby, plus the two babies, is definitely keeping me busy while Mike is away. And we are having a lot of fun!


I took this picture at 9 p.m. Ella would normally be in bed, but I think she needed to see daddy that day and just wouldn't go to sleep. He was excited to see her, of course, and spoiled her with cookies.






Ella cruising around at NW Kids Club.


Logan taking the police car for a spin at NW Kids Club.



Jaycoby got the babies to pose for this picture.



Ella's expression is hilarious and Logan was not real happy with me for putting him in the bath :-(.



Jaycoby is always so excited to see Logan when he comes over. Logan will sit there with him and watch cartoons until Ella gets up.



I took this picture when we were waiting for Mike in the Taco Bell parking lot. The babies were so excited to have freedom in the car.


No comments: